I was injured at work and reported it to my manager, but I’ve been told they won’t cover my medical expenses or reimburse me for lost wages. What can I do?

We can help you file a claim with the Virginia Workers’ Compensation Commission and speak to your employer on your behalf. If the employer or its workers’ compensation insurance carrier will not voluntarily pay the claim, we will represent you in a hearing to fight for the compensation benefits to which you are entitled.

If someone else hit me and caused an injury, can I get them to pay for my resulting medical bills following an auto accident?

Most likely yes. Armentrout Accident & Injury Law will help you file a personal injury claim against the driver who caused your accident and their insurance provider. If they are unresponsive or offer an unreasonable settlement, we will take them to court on your behalf and take all the steps necessary for collecting compensation for your injuries.

How do I know if my injury qualifies as medical malpractice?

Medical malpractice cases are often complex and difficult cases. We will obtain medical records and hire a medical expert to assess whether the health care provider has violated the standard of care. If you believe you have been the victim of medical malpractice, contact our firm as soon as possible so that we may advise you moving forward.

If I slipped and fell in a grocery store, can I get the store owner to pay for my hospital bills?

Perhaps. In order to mount a successful premises liability case, we’ll need to prove that the store owner or employees in charge could have and should have prevented your accident. When you come in for your free consultation, we’ll listen to your story and tell you if we believe you have a legitimate personal injury claim.

I was injured while passing a construction site but the contractor said they won’t consider paying my bills because there were warning signs posted. Is this legal?

It’s difficult to say whether or not the contractor is within his rights without knowing the full details of your case, but it’s hard to imagine they are not responsible for preventing an injury to a passerby of the construction site. Contact us today so that we can examine the events that took place and advise you on whether or not we believe the contractor is liable.

My child suffered an injury from a dog bite, but my neighbors say they didn’t know the dog was out of the house & therefore they’re not responsible. Is this true?

It depends on whether the dog has bitten someone before. Pet owners must follow all Animal Control and leash laws at all times and are considered negligent if they violate these laws and someone gets hurt as a result. However, if it is the first time the dog has bitten someone then the injured party must prove the dog was dangerous and the bite was caused due to the owner being negligent.

Who can I seek compensation from following a defective product injury?

We need to determine if your injury was the result of a design, manufacturing, or retail defect. Once we know this, we can move forward with initiating a lawsuit against the responsible parties.

Who can sue for wrongful death in Virginia?

Virginia laws pertaining to wrongful death mandate a hierarchy system of certain people who want to file a wrongful death lawsuit. The system is as follows:

  • Surviving spouses and children
  • Grandchildren of the deceased if their parents are also deceased
  • Parents, siblings, and any household dependents of the deceased if the deceased had no living spouses, children, or grandchildren
  • Spouses and parents, if the deceased had no children
  • Extended family members if there are no living immediate family members or household dependents

Do you represent employers or employees in employment law cases?

We only represent employees in employment law cases.

My Social Security benefits suddenly stopped coming and I don’t know what to do. Can you help?

Yes, you are entitled to a hearing if your benefits are denied or terminated. We will communicate with the Social Security Administration (SSA) on your behalf and take further legal action if necessary in order to ensure you receive the Social Security benefits to which you are entitled.

What are your hours of operation?

We are open Monday through Friday from 9:00 am until 5:00 pm. We can also make special arrangements for meetings in the evening or on weekends if your schedule doesn’t allow you to meet during our regular business hours.

How do you bill your clients for your services?

We work on a contingency basis, meaning we only collect attorney’s fees if we are successful in collecting compensation for you.

Armentrout Accident & Injury Law represents plaintiffs in cases pertaining to workers’ compensation, personal injury, employment law, and Social Security throughout Virginia. Contact our Harrisonburg office today at (540) 564-1466 to schedule a free consultation with a trusted and effective local attorney.